Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School. I hope this message finds your family safe and well! Below are a few reminders and import links as well as notices for the week.
Parents and guardians:
- Monday, Sept. 21st – is a Day 2
- Attached is a link to our Day1/Day2 Calendar for assistance HCPS Day1/Day 2 School Calendar. I suggest you print or add to the favorites on your electronic device.
- We begin our virtual schedule at 8:30 am. Between 8- 8:15, work to get students logged on for the day. JRMS _Middle School Bell Schedule
- The “JRMS Parent Portal” is a one-stop-shop for many parent resources. Please save/bookmark and click on the necessary links for your reference. Click on this link: JRMS Parent Portal
- Back to School forms are due Sept. 20th – Even though the year has begun in a predominantly virtual format, there are still some traditional things our schools must collect. That includes back-to-school forms!
- This message contains a reminder of how to complete your back-to-school forms (deadline is Sept. 20) (Desplazar el cursor hacia abajo para leer este mensaje en español.) New this year: Families of students in ALL grade levels can complete those forms online by using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to your account in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Don’t have a parent portal account yet? Create one by going to the PowerSchool section of this page: https://henricoschools.us/online-services/ and clicking on “New User Information”.
- Once logged in to PowerSchool, look for “Access Online Forms” on the left-hand side of the page.
- That will take you to “Rycor Online Forms” (part of a website known as “StudentQuickPay.com”)
- Find your student(s) name(s) at the top of the screen. Click on each name and carefully read then follow the instructions on the screen. Repeat this process for each student enrolled in HCPS.
If you have not created your PowerSchool Parent Portal account or need to add an additional student to your account, please click here for step-by-step instructions.
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact email@example.com. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
- If you have not joined the JRMS PTA, there is still time! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- We are looking forward to an entirely new world of opportunities for the 20-21 School Year! The sky is the limit and your imagination and creativity will get us there!
- We need you!!! It is time for next year’s planning. The PTA is actively seeking individuals to support our students, staff, and school. Take a moment to reach out to the board about assuming a position for the upcoming year! Thank you to those who have reached out and answered the call. And to those who haven’t, there is plenty of room at the table. Please join us!
Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com
- Technology issues and assistance. As Henrico County Public Schools have opened in a predominantly virtual environment, some adjustments are necessary for our students. How students participate in the class meetings will influence the level of success experienced during each session. Students are required to use a generic virtual background, found within Microsoft Teams, or school-issued backgrounds. Students are not permitted to create their own virtual backgrounds.
- In-person support for our students’ “critical technical issues” is available at JRMS. Elementary or preschool students: In-person support for “critical technical issues” is available at the high school closest to you. For a list of high schools and addresses, visit this page. Hours of support are 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- All non-critical issues can be emailed to email@example.com and HCPS staff will respond as soon as possible.
For questions that are unrelated to computers or technology issues, please consider starting with your teacher, school counselor, me, or contact the Henrico County Public Schools hotline at 804-501-5655, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Expectations of Virtual Learning. Parents, please take a moment to read and review the attached letter with your child regarding important information for the virtual learning environment. Video Recording of Virtual Classes_Virtual Learning Expectations
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe the honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to promote positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will be…
- * Respectful
- *Ready and
- This is the spirit of Team Rolfe. Although the learning platform is different, students are still expected to come to class each period, each day, ready to learn, demonstrating, and receiving respect, all while in a safe environment.
- Enrollment/In-Person Registration- Please contact the school to schedule a time for your enrollment appointment with our school registrar. We are following CDC guidelines and all visitors must wear masks and follow HCPS screening protocols.
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. I can assure you that John Rolfe Middle School will continue the pursuit of educational excellence, as Team John Rolfe Middle School aims for a phenomenal year for all our scholars!
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe. John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “WE” continue our quest for success as one team and one family!
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
This week and Beyond:
- Sept. 21 – Day 2
- Sept. 28 – Student/Staff Holiday (School Closed)
- Sept. 29- Day 1
- Oct. 5 – Day 2
Anticipate the next Principal’s Message