Greetings Rolfe Families,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School with an important message for the upcoming week. I hope this message finds your family safe and well!
Parents and guardians:
- Sept. 28th– Student/Staff Holiday (Schools closed)
- No HCPS meals Monday; Service will resume Tuesday, with a new voter registration drive
Henrico, Va. Sept. 25, 2020 — Monday is a Henrico County Public Schools student holiday in observance of Yom Kippur, and there will be no meal distribution that day. HCPS will resume free curbside pick-up service at all HCPS schools Tuesday, and bus stop neighborhood drop-off service Wednesday. When the service resumes, families will not only be able to pick up school meals — they’ll be able to get help registering to vote. To see a list of neighborhood bus stop drop-off sites and times, go to https://henricoschools.us/returntoschool/ and click on “Free School Meals.”
- Sept 29th -Tuesday is a Day 1.
- During the most recent School Board work session, the following decisions were made. I am sharing an update on the three important topics that were discussed during the meeting:
- Virtual bell schedule for middle and high schools.
- HCPS Health Committee update.
Updated Virtual bell schedule for middle and high schools
Over the past few weeks, our district leadership has received valuable feedback from the teachers, students, and families, about the current virtual bell schedule for middle and high school students. In response, HCPS will adjust the virtual bell schedule for both middle and high school students effective next Tuesday, Sept. 29 (Sept. 28 is a student holiday.) Each middle and high school virtual class period has been shortened by 15 minutes daily, excluding the repeating first period for high school which has been shortened by 10 minutes daily. The advisory period for middle schools and the extended learning period for high schools were not adjusted.
This adjustment will decrease screen time and shift one hour of the instructional day to allow for asynchronous/independent time to take place later, outside of the bell schedule. Middle and high school teachers will utilize the hour at the end of the revised bell schedule for instructional planning and to provide office hours for students who need instructional support.
Again, the new secondary virtual schedule will begin Tuesday, Sept. 29. Additional details can be expected from your school’s principal, who will also be able to answer questions.
- The Updated Middle School Bell Schedule is below:
- If you have not joined the JRMS PTA, there is still time! Please contact email@example.com for details.
- We are looking forward to an entirely new world of opportunities for the 20-21 School Year! The sky is the limit and your imagination and creativity will get us there!
- We need you!!! It is time for next year’s planning. The PTA is actively seeking individuals to support our students, staff, and school. Take a moment to reach out to the board about assuming a position for the upcoming year! Thank you to those who have reached out and answered the call. And to those who haven’t, there is plenty of room at the table. Please join us!
Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events.
I can assure you that John Rolfe Middle School will continue the pursuit of educational excellence, as Team John Rolfe Middle School aims for a phenomenal year for all our scholars!
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential of success. Students please have a restful evening and remember Tuesday, “WE” continue our quest for success as one team and one family!
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
This week and Beyond:
- Sept. 28 – Student/Staff Holiday
- Sept. 29- Day 1
- Oct. 5 – Day 2
Anticipate the next Principal’s Message