Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians:
The “JRMS Parent Portal” is a one-stop-shop for many parent resources. Please save/bookmark and click on the necessary links for your reference.
Click on this link: JRMS Parent Dashboard
- Dec. 7th is a Day 1
- Hat Day was a success! Thank you for allowing your child and our scholar to participate.
- We are continuing our Virtual Spelling Bee process throughout the week.
- Unclaimed Items from Spring 2020- Parent please contact the school if you would like to schedule a time to recover items left from Spring 2020. We have a few items remaining that are scheduled to go to a local charity if unclaimed by Dec. 11th. We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to claim their belongings but are planning for the return to school and unclaimed items will be considered discarded.
- Technology Update: Please stay tuned for a message regarding updating technology and student laptops.
A huge THANK YOU!
- Thank you to all families and extended families for supporting our Fall Fundraiser. We know our fundraising style was different this year than previous years and hope this method gave your family and friends more opportunities to support without all of the fuss, money collection, and trinkets. We could not have done it without your support!!
A School Counseling Message from Ms. Zimmerman-Bob
- On Sunday, December 6th, at 8 PM ET, our JRMS community will have the opportunity to participate in a virtual concert to honor those who want to build a safer and inclusive society. The Anti-Defamation League invites us to celebrate a 25-year tradition against hate and bigotry. So if you can, please use the link that’s provided to join the ADL in their first virtual concert Against Hate. This is a great opportunity for our school to come together as a community to show our commitment against hate. Link: https://events.adl.org/concert
A School Counseling Message from Ms. Clemmons:
- IB applicants: reminder, the writing prompt will be given on Friday, December 11th at 9 am. Please send Ms. Clemmons a message on Schoology if you have any questions.
- Students, as a reminder, if you will not be in class (signed into Teams) for the school day, send your teachers a message in Schoology or by email and have your parent/guardian contact the front office.
- You are still responsible for completing missing work from the days you are absent. Please reach out to your teachers for a deadline to submit the work.
- If you miss a class during the day, make every effort to complete the daily assignments in your teachers’ Schoology folders by 11:59 pm that day. Please message your teachers if you need assistance with the assignment.
- You will receive messages and calls from your teachers, school counselor, or support staff whenever you notice you are not in class–we notice!
- Take advantage of our office hours from 2:00-3:15 pm and schedule time to ask questions and receive assistance.
- Eighth graders: Virtual open houses for HCPS high school specialty centers continues. To prioritize safety during the current pandemic, all open houses will be virtual this year. HCPS specialty center virtual open houses (sessions at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.):
- Center for Information Technology (Deep Run H.S.): Dec. 7
- Center for the Arts (Henrico H.S.): Dec. 8
- Specialty Center: Interested students will be able to begin the online application process Monday. The window to submit applications is Nov. 16, 2020, through Jan. 15, 2021. Please share this information with your families weekly until the window closes.
- To apply, go to https://henricoschools.us/specialty-centers/
starting Monday and click on “Application process for HCPS eighth-grade students.”
- Health History Forms: – Please remember to fill out your child’s Health History Form.
It is very important that these are completed for every student so if you need assistance or access to the form, please allow us to assist. The form can be completed online, our nurse can email it to you, or you can arrange to pick up a copy from school.
Use this link to access the all Health Forms
- Please email or call Nurse Rosenbaum email@example.com as she is happy to assist.
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- Return those Books!
- Does your student have overdue school library books? Please search high and low to make sure these are located and returned. Books can be returned to ANY Henrico County School during school hours in the black and yellow return bins.
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Accountability and owning their work. Students must collaborate and respond to the teacher to ensure they are being successful and getting everything, they need.
- Parents/guardians/families, you can help by checking in with students every day.
- Simply by checking on the learning experience. Utilize the 2-3 pm Teacher Office Hour period. We remind all of our scholars to join teachers during that time. Supports are offered to students during that time. Please check with your child’s teachers.
- Treat every week as an interim/report card distribution week. Check updates in Schoology and PowerSchool.
We Need You! – Parents, thank you for your interest in committing to our students’ success! We are excited about those who have contacted us, and we are still in need of others. This only way to provide the best for “OUR” students is to work together as a team. John Rolfe Family, I am calling on you…those who believe in and want to invest in the best for our children. Please contact me or our transitioning PTA Board if you are willing to accept this possible mission! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
- Please click on the link for updates and notices: JRMS PTA Notice and Opportunities
- If you have not joined the JRMS PTA, there is still time! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Thank you to those who have reached out and answered the call. And to those who haven’t, there is plenty of room at the table. Please join us!
Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or email@example.com) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “WE” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family!
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
- Students should attend every class and take advantage of the 2-3 pm time.
- Please check grades weekly for student progress and updates
- Dec. 14- Is a Day 2