Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians:
The “JRMS Parent Dashboard” is a one-stop-shop for many parent resources. Please save/bookmark and click on the necessary links for your reference. As email communication continues to increase, many notices can also be found here if you happen to miss an email.
Click on this link: JRMS Parent Dashboard
- January 25, 2021 – Is a Day 1
- The Great Kindness Challenge Begins
- Jan. 28th – Asynchronous Day. (Originally a full school day)
- Jan. 29th – Asynchronous Half-Day. (Originally a half-day of school) and End of the Marking Period
A Message from Mrs. Bradsher and Mrs. Cuff:
Art Students Supply Pick Up: Students who are currently enrolled in an art class with Ms. Bradsher or Mrs. Cuff for the 3rd nine weeks can pick up art supplies on February 2nd from 4:00-6:00 pm or February 3rd from 9:00-11:00 am at Rolfe Middle School. Please contact your art teacher with any questions!
Notes from our School Counselors:
Hello JRMS Family,
The Great Kindness Challenge starts on January 25th,2021, and will occur throughout January 29th. This is a national initiative that we will celebrate and participate in as a school. There will be different kindness acts that students and staff can engage in daily. Please visit our school website to find the kindness themes that your student can participate in daily. We look forward to celebrating a culture of kindness together! ~Mrs. Zimmerman-Bob
Rising 7th & 8th Grade Families,
Please save the date for our Virtual Curriculum Night on Thursday, February 11 from 6:00-7:15 PM. The event is an opportunity to learn more about the course selection process and course offerings for next year! More information to come! ~Mrs. Hubler
8th Grade Families,
8th-grade students will receive the Signs of Suicide Lesson delivered by the School-Based Mental Health Team during the month of March. Please view the parent letter for more information about the program and for the schedule of the 8th-grade lessons. ~Mrs. Hubler
Click on the link to view the letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuYjE5ibv14TiLtueT0wGSLrVPWHBrZjabLzsri_6Gg/edit?usp=sharing
Immunizations and Health History Forms: – Parents we need your help! There are several forms that are required prior to returning to school. Also, as a reminder “Immunizations” are also required for school whether the student is participating in virtual or in person learning. Please remember to fill out your child’s Health History Form and other HCPS Health Forms.
Use this link to access all Health Forms
Please email or call Nurse Rosenbaum email@example.com as she is happy to assist.
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Accountability and owning their work. Students must collaborate and respond to the teacher to ensure they are being successful and getting everything, they need.
- Parents/guardians/families, you can help by checking in with students every day.
- Finish Strong Student Scholars!- As you wrap up the second marking period and end of the first semester, make every effort to complete tasks, assignments, projects, and courses doing your best. While it is better to start strong and stay the course. Nothing beats finishing strong!
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day or not the choice is always yours. Make it moment count. Take the time to connect with your teacher, counselor, support team member, or mentor today. We are here to support you in making the best choices.
- Check Student progress on Schoology and PowerSchool Treat every week as an interim/report card distribution week. Check updates in Schoology and PowerSchool.
- Simply by checking on the learning experience. Utilize the 2-3 pm Teacher Office Hour period. We remind all of our student scholars to join teachers during that time. Supports are offered to students during that time. Please check with your child’s teachers.
Thank you to those who have reached out and answered the call. And to those who haven’t, there is plenty of room at the table. Please join us!
Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
- Save the Dates:
- JRMS Virtual Curriculum Night 2021
- Feb. 11th – Rising 7th & 8th graders (6 pm)
- JRMS Virtual Curriculum Night 2021
- Variance Request
- The deadline for middle school students is April 15, 2021. The high school (grades 8-11) deadline for submitting a variance request is February 15th and the elementary and middle (K – 7th) school deadline is April 15th. The 8th-grade deadline is aligned with high school since those students will be moving to high school for the 2021-2022 school year.
The deadline to request a variance for high schools is February 15, 2021. Variances may be considered only under circumstances as outlined in R6-03-001 School Assignments/Variance Procedures.