Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians:
The “JRMS Parent Dashboard” is a one-stop-shop for many parent resources. Please save/bookmark and click on the necessary links for your reference. As email communication continues to increase, many notices can also be found here if you happen to miss an email.
Click on this link: JRMS Parent Dashboard
- February- Return to Learn Health forms are due prior to return to learn. You may complete online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- February 1
- Is a Day 2
- Marking Period 3 Begins
- February 1- Inclement Weather Notice (See Andy Jenks’email and message)
- The virtual school day will take place as usual. Schools will follow their normal virtual learning schedule.
- Henrico County Public Schools buildings and offices will be closed due to snowy and icy conditions impacting roadways and school grounds.
- We will all exercise and exemplify patience as some teachers and students make the adjustment to unfamiliar spaces to teach and learn
- Due to the building closures, there will be no bus transportation, curbside meal service or in-person technical support.
Immunizations and Health History Forms: – There are several forms that are required prior to returning to school. Immunizations are also required for school whether the student is participating in virtual or in-person learning. Please remember to fill out your child’s Health History Form and other HCPS Health Forms. If your child is returning to in person learning at any time please complete the forms on the link below as soon as possible. If there are additional questions, please contact our school nurse using the information below.
Use this link to access all Health Forms
Please email or call Nurse Rosenbaum email@example.com as she is happy to assist.
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student accountability and owning one’s work. Student Scholars are expected to collaborate and respond to the teacher to ensure they are being successful and getting everything, they need.
- Student Scholars, you can help by checking in with your parents every day. Let them know what you are learning in each class.
- Student Scholars…
- Begin with a plan for success! February 1st marks the half-way point for the 20-21 academic year. This is the time to check your plan for success and if you haven’t already developed a plan, there is no better time than right now.
- First, think of what you want to happen to represent a successful year.
- Next, think about what you’ve already done to make it happen.
- Then jot down what else needs to be done.
- Map out what you are going to tackle and manage each week.
- Remember if there are things you need help with, you have a host of people to assist. Reach out to your parents, teachers, support staff, counselors, and or an administrator. We want you to succeed and will help “YOU” develop and reach your goal!
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day or not the choice is always yours. Make it moment count. Take the time to connect with your teacher, counselor, support team member, or mentor today. We are here to support you in making the best choices.
A Message from Mrs. Bradsher and Mrs. Cuff:
Art Students Supply Pick Up: Students who are currently enrolled in an art class with Ms. Bradsher or Mrs. Cuff for the 3rd nine weeks can pick up art supplies on February 2nd from 4:00-6:00 pm or February 3rd from 9:00-11:00 am at Rolfe Middle School. Please contact your art teacher with any questions!
Notes from our School Counselors:
Rising 7th & 8th Grade Families,
Please save the date for our Virtual Curriculum Night on Thursday, February 11 from 6:00-7:15 PM. The event is an opportunity to learn more about the course selection process and course offerings for next year! More information to come! ~Mrs. Hubler 1.31.
8th Grade Families,
8th-grade students will receive the Signs of Suicide Lesson delivered by the School-Based Mental Health Team during the month of March. Please view the parent letter for more information about the program and for the schedule of the 8th-grade lessons. ~Mrs. Hubler 2.28.
Click on the link to view the letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuYjE5ibv14TiLtueT0wGSLrVPWHBrZjabLzsri_6Gg/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you to those who have reached out and answered the call. And to those who haven’t, there is plenty of room at the table. Please join us!
Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
- Save the Dates:
- JRMS Virtual Curriculum Night 2021
- Feb. 11th – Rising 7th & 8th graders (6 pm)
- JRMS Virtual Curriculum Night 2021
- Variance Request
- The deadline for middle school students is April 15, 2021. The high school (grades 8-11) deadline for submitting a variance request is February 15th and the elementary and middle (K – 7th) school deadline is April 15th. The 8th-grade deadline is aligned with high school since those students will be moving to high school for the 2021-2022 school year.
The deadline to request a variance for high schools is February 15, 2021. Variances may be considered only under circumstances as outlined in R6-03-001 School Assignments/Variance Procedures.