Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week! This week we continue with Full Parallel Hybrid Learning for all students who selected this option. Whether this is your first time in the building or you are a returning student take a moment to review our video if you haven’t already done so: Getting to Know Rolfe
Parents and guardians:
March 8th: We will welcome back more of our students, as 7 and 8th Graders will join 6th Graders for in-person learning if their parents have selected this option. Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students. Please fill out both pages. Page 2 is for you to keep at home, page 1 should be turned into the office prior to the student’s arrival.
- New JRMS-Full Parallel Hybrid Day Schedule begins tomorrow- Click here to see our Daily Bell Schedule as we return to school for Full Parallel Hybrid Learning. Our lunch period will occur during the 3rd and 7th periods. Please check with your child’s teacher to determine his/her specific lunchtime.
- Day 1 – Mondays and Thursdays
- Day 2 – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Wednesdays – Asynchronous after the 8:30-9:00 am Advisory period
- Attendance is taken in the learning environment in which the student is assigned. Those students with confirmed In-person assignments must attend school (face to face) in order to be marked present and those students with Virtual learning assignments will follow the attendance practice for virtual learning that is already in practice.
- Clinic and First Aide – Our teachers are equipped to handle minor cuts/bruises and first aid, and our nurse will address major health issues.
- Transportation- Bus Schedules, stops, and routes are located in PowerSchool.
Below are a few reminders:
- Masks are required and must be worn appropriately on students’ faces.
- Students should practice keeping masks on for longer times throughout the day. While at school, masks must be kept on for a longer period of time than those to which students may be accustomed.
- Immunizations and Health History Forms: – There are several forms that are required prior to returning to school.
- Use this link to access all Health Forms Questions for the Nurse? Click Here!
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
Click on the link to view the letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YuYjE5ibv14TiLtueT0wGSLrVPWHBrZjabLzsri_6Gg/edit?usp=sharing
- Positions Available: We are still looking to hire a Classroom Monitor, an additional Clinic Attendant, Instructional Assistant, and Part-time Custodian. If you are interested in either position or highly recommend someone, please go to the HCPS website to apply online. All applicants must meet the criteria list online by our HR department to be considered.
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Scholars…
- You Matter! You are uniquely “you”. Your individuality is what sets you apart from everyone else. Allow others to see that spark in you. Remember greatness resides in you!
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day or not the choice is always yours. Make it moment count. Take the time to connect with your teacher, counselor, support team member, or mentor today. We are here to support you in making the best choices.
- Student Scholars…
- Virtual “Life Ready” Expo: This year our “Life Ready” Expo has gone virtual! Registration is not required but you can register and gain additional information at https://henricocte.com/ We need your help in getting the message to our student scholars. Please share these dates and highlight this opportunity with your Advisory class,
- HCPS upcoming Virtual Life-Ready Expos: March 9, 2021: Arts & Communications
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or email@example.com) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
WEEK OF MARCH 8:
- March 8-9: In-person learning for all students who chose the in-person option, including grades 7 and 8. Virtual learning for all other students.
- March 10: Wellness Wednesday for all students (abbreviated virtual learning and/or independent study).
- March 11-12: In-person learning for all students who chose the in-person option, including grades 7 and 8. Virtual learning for all other students.
The deadline for middle school students is April 15, 2021. The high school (grades 8-11) deadline for submitting a variance request is February 15th and the elementary and middle (K – 7th) school deadline is April 15th. The 8th-grade deadline is aligned with high school since those students will be moving to high school for the 2021-2022 school year.