Greetings John Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians:
- Please note, Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students.
Please fill out both pages. Page 2 is for you to keep at home, page 1 should be turned into the office prior to the student’s arrival. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- JRMS-Full Parallel Hybrid Day Schedule – Click here to see our Daily Bell Schedule .as we return to school for Full Parallel Hybrid Learning. Our lunch period will occur during the 3rd and 7th periods. Please check with your child’s teacher to determine his/her specific lunchtime.
- Day 1 – Mondays and Thursdays
- Day 2 – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Wednesdays – Asynchronous after the 8:30-9:00 am Advisory period
- Asynchronous (Wellness Wednesdays)
- After the Advisory period (98:30 – 9:00 am), students will participate in independent study on Wednesdays. This is the time that students may complete any missing assignments, work on projects, or any previously taught learning.
- Students should reach out to teachers during the Teacher Office Hours (9:15 – 10:30).
- Is a time where students are participating in learning digital content and independent work based on skills previously learned.
- Is a time where teachers are collaborative planning, participating in professional learning providing specified student supports.
- Attendance is taken in the learning environment in which the student is assigned. Those students with confirmed In-person assignments must attend school (face to face) in order to be marked present and those students with Virtual learning assignments will follow the attendance practice for virtual learning that is already in practice. Per HCPS protocol students listed in-person and Virtual learning must remain with their selected schedule.
A Message from, Mrs. Woodle, our Coordinator of Testing
Good Evening Rolfe Family! We need your assistance in planning for Spring SOL testing. Over the next two weeks, we will be making contact with you to find out what your intent is regarding your student’s participation in SOL testing in May. There are different ways that we will be getting in contact.
- Paper copies have gone home with in-person students and can be completed and returned with your student. These need to be returned to the Advisory teachers.
- Advisory teachers will be making phone calls to speak with you regarding testing.
- You can call the school and speak with our testing coordinator, Mrs. Woodle.
Also, Henrico County Public Schools is in the process of conducting a stakeholder survey. Parents are encouraged to complete this survey. See the attached flyer.
Please take a moment to share your voice. Help HCPS move forward: Share your views at School Board virtual listening sessions
You have an opportunity to voice your thoughts at a series of three spring listening sessions, to be held virtually. Each of the sessions will focus on one of the school division’s cornerstones and one or more of its strategic goals. The sessions will be attended by all five members of the School Board and will be recorded for future online viewing.
The first session in the series is Wednesday, March 24, 6:30- 7:30 p.m.
Topic: Equity and Opportunity
How can we:
- Foster an inclusive, safe and supportive climate for all stakeholders?
- Leverage HCPS’ strength of diversity and lead dialogue to ensure equity and access for all?
- Attend virtually by going to https://tinyurl.com/school-board-listening-session
For full details on all three upcoming sessions, visit this page: https://henricoschools.us/2021/03/18/help-hcps-move-forward-attend-a-school-board-virtual-listening-session-and-share-your-views/
Below are a few reminders:
- Use this link to access all Health Forms Questions for the Nurse? Click Here!
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- Positions Available: We are still looking to hire a Classroom Monitor, an additional Clinic Attendant, Instructional Assistant, and Part-time Custodian. If you are interested in either position or highly recommend someone, please go to the HCPS website to apply online. All applicants must meet the criteria list online by our HR department to be considered.
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Scholars…
- You Matter! Every experience is an opportunity for you to grow. Face your challenges and successes with the attitude that there is a lesson hidden inside of them. Remember you are destined for greatness.
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day! Keep rising to the occasion!
- Student Scholars…
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
- Save the Date: Friday, April 2, 2021, is a Half-Day. We will follow the same schedule as before for half-days. Please see the attached schedule below.
The deadline for middle school students is April 15, 2021. The high school (grades 8-11) deadline for submitting a variance request is February 15th and the elementary and middle (K – 7th) school deadline is April 15th. The 8th-grade deadline is aligned with high school since those students will be moving to high school for the 2021-2022 school year.