Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- Asynchronous (Wellness Wednesdays) – Wednesdays – Asynchronous after the 8:30-9:00 am Advisory period. Counts as a school day. Attendance counts!
- Attendance: Students must attend Advisory (or must submit an assignment) to be marked present.
- Students- Are Expected to complete any missing assignments, makeup work, projects, or extension/enrichment assignments.
- Students- Should make it a point to reach out to their teachers for any questions or guidance on incomplete assignments during office hours.
- Teachers – While teachers will be involved in Professional Development and School-wide Instructional Planning, students are still encouraged to request supports from teachers during available times of that independent learning day.
- Wellness Wednesdays are not vacation days, but days to work independently on areas of need.
- Friday, April 2, 2021, is a Half-Day.
- Lunch Schedule Correction: Friday, April 2nd is Career Day. Students will remain in their 5th block to attend Career Day Sessions.
- If you are picking up a student for an early dismissal on a Half-Day, you must do so before 11:15 am. Otherwise, students will be dismissed by their typical mode of dismissal to ensure safety.
- *Due to the half-day, lunch will also be adjusted. In-person students will continue to participate in the grab-and-go lunch process. I also suggest our virtual student scholars have a snack (or prepared lunch item) at that time and enjoy a full lunch after 11:30 am.
Below are a few reminders:
Stakeholder Survey Reminder
Henrico County Public Schools is in the process of conducting a stakeholder’s survey. You are encouraged to participate in completing the Parent Survey. See attached flyer for more information. Stakeholder Survey Information
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or email@example.com) if I can be of assistance.