Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- April 22nd – JRMS Picture Day – As a part of our safety measures, we are hosting Student School Picture Sessions a little differently this year. Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our Fall Pictures sessions are happening in the Spring! Please use the link to schedule a time to take school pictures this Thursday, April 22, 2021. Picture Flyer Link
- Rolfe Middle School 4/22/2021 Picture Day (click on the link or review the flyer on our website).
- April 26th – Virtual Report Card Distribution (Marking period 3 final grades will be finalized and available on PowerSchool). Please contact your child’s teacher or school counselor regarding promotion requirements for each specific course.
- Save the Date: May 6th – Parent Engagement Connection – JRMS Hosts Family Engagement Night. Do you miss the good ole days before texting, web-browsing, and face-timing? When families got together and played board games. Well, John Rolfe would like to bring that back! Please join us for our Family Engagement Night on 5/6 where we will show you how to link your child’s curriculum with current board games. A flyer containing a sign-up link will be forthcoming and we hope to see you there! Family Engagement Flyer
- All students are required to complete the HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students. Please fill out both pages. Page 2 is for you to keep at home, page 1 should be turned into the office prior to the student’s arrival.
- JRMS-Full Parallel Hybrid Day Schedule – Click here to see our Daily Bell Schedule.
- Asynchronous (Wellness Wednesdays) –
- Attendance: Accounted for the day! Students must attend Advisory (or must submit an assignment) to be marked present.
- Students- are expected to complete any missing assignments, makeup work, projects, or extension/enrichment assignments.
- Students- should make it a point to reach out to their teachers for any questions or guidance on incomplete assignments during office hours.
- Teachers – While teachers will be involved in Professional Development and School-wide Instructional Planning, students are still encouraged to request supports from teachers during available times of that independent learning day.
- Wellness Wednesdays are not vacation days, but days to work independently on areas of need.
Below are a few reminders:
- Testing is on the horizon. Our Testing Coordinator and teachers are preparing for End-of-Course Assessments including SOLs. We need your assistance in planning for our student scholars. If you have not provided your child’s intent to take the SOLs, please contact the school. You can call the school and speak with our testing coordinator, Mrs. Woodle.
- Use this link to access all Health Forms Questions for the Nurse? Click Here!
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- Positions Available: We are still looking to hire a Classroom Monitor, an additional Clinic Attendant, Instructional Assistant, and Part-time Custodian. If you are interested in either position or highly recommend someone, please go to the HCPS website to apply online. All applicants must meet the criteria list online by our HR department to be considered.
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Scholars…
- You Matter! Mistakes are just an opportunity to try another approach. We all grow and learn from our mistakes. If you were not able to accomplish a task, goal, or complete an assignment as you planned. Seek another opportunity to grow. Enhance from the mistake. Learn from the loss. Remember you are destined for greatness.
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day! Keep rising to the occasion!
- Student Scholars…
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
Schedule Reminders (Please mark your calendars)
- Asynchronous Wellness Wednesdays – Students should report to Advisory and schedule time with teachers during office hours.
- May 13th – Student Holiday
- May 31st – Memorial Day Holiday
June 8th – Is a Primary Day for Voting in Virginian. John Rolfe is a voting precinct and therefore no in-person classes on Tuesday, June 8th