Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few mid-week notices.
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- Schoology & Technology Update (5:30 pm)- We appreciate your patience and flexibility today. Our most recent update indicates that all technology systems are operational for Schoology.
- Wednesday, April 21st – is Wellness Asynchronous Wednesday Asynchronous (Wellness Wednesdays)
- Attendance: Must attend Advisory (or must submit an Advisory Assignment) to be marked present.
- Students- Are expected to use this time to complete any missing assignments, makeup work, projects, or extension/enrichment assignments.
- Students- Should make it a point to reach out to their teachers for any questions or guidance on incomplete assignments during office hours.
- Teachers – While teachers will be involved in Professional Development and School-wide Instructional Planning, students are still encouraged to request supports from teachers during available times of that independent learning day.
- Wellness Wednesdays are not vacation days, but days to work independently on areas of need.
- New for Wellness Wednesdays –Wellness Wednesdays just got even better with the addition of our Enrichment Board in the Advisory folder. Students should check out this great way to learn on their independently.
- Thursday, April 22nd – JRMS Picture Day – As a part of our safety measures, we are hosting Student School Picture Sessions a little differently this year. Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our Fall Pictures sessions are happening in the Spring! Please use the link to schedule a time to take school pictures this Thursday, April 22, 2021.
Below are a few reminders:
- Testing is on the horizon. Our Testing Coordinator and teachers are preparing for End-of-Course Assessments including SOLs. We need your assistance in planning for our student scholars. If you have not provided your child’s intent to take the SOLs, please contact the school. You can call the school and speak with our testing coordinator, Mrs. Woodle.
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
Schedule Reminders (Please mark your calendars)
- Asynchronous Wellness Wednesdays – Students should report to Advisory and schedule time with teachers during office hours.
- May 13th – Student Holiday
- May 31st – Memorial Day Holiday
June 8th – Is a Primary Day for Voting in Virginian. John Rolfe is a voting precinct and therefore no in-person classes on Tuesday, June 8th.