Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and important notices for the week!
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms.
- May 3rd– May 7th is Teacher Appreciation Week! Take a moment to thank your child’s teachers with a note, kind word, expression, or token of appreciation! Join us in celebrating our teachers this week! We are excited that the following teachers are recognized across the county:
- Mr. A. Young, John Rolfe Middle School New Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. S. Little, John Rolfe Middle School Christie Award Winner
- Mrs. A. Hastings, John Rolfe Middle Gilman’s Teacher of the Year
- May 6th – May 12th is National Nurses Week 2021. Along with thousands of health care workers across the state, we celebrate our own Nurse Rosenbaum and Clinic Attendant Mrs. A. Winston for ensuring the safety of our students, staff, and visitors. We are fortunate to have them caring for us! Please don’t hesitate to send them a card, kind sentiments, or tokens of appreciation during this time.
- May 6th – Parent Engagement Connection – JRMS Hosts Family Game Night. Do you miss the good ole days before texting, web-browsing and facetiming? When families got together and played board games. Well, John Rolfe would like to bring that back! Please join us for our Family Engagement Night on 5/6 where we will show you how to link your child’s curriculum with current board games. A flyer containing a sign-up link will be forthcoming and we hope to see you there!
- We are launching our School Spirit Store! We are excited to present to you our Spirit store for Spring 2021! This is a great way to show your spirit and support our school at the same time. We have taken the time to create a brand-new logo for the spring season. There are wonderful new items on the store surrounding our “Rolfe Strong” theme. What better way to stay connected with us by wearing some incredible apparel representing the school.
Simply click our store link to shop: https://whalehook.mycommercio.com/jrms2021
We will keep the store open for the next two weeks. Feel free to email and share the store link with your friends and family on social media.
- New for Wellness Wednesdays –Wellness Wednesdays just got even better with the addition of our Enrichment Board in the Advisory folder. Students should check out this great way to learn on their independently.
- May is nationally recognized as Mental Health Awareness Month. This is an opportunity to promote mental wellness, fight the stigma of mental illnesses and increase access to care. Falling during Resilience Week Virginia, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day will be observed on May 9, 2021, to highlight the resilience of children fighting mental illnesses and the importance of mental health to a child’s development. As Mental Health Awareness Month is observed in the midst of a global pandemic, prioritizing mental health is more crucial than ever.
- Mental Health America developed this year’s toolkit by building on its 2020 theme of #Tools2Thrive. The goal of this theme is to provide practical tools that everyone can use to improve their mental health and increase resiliency.
- Please click on the linked resources above.
- Save the date: Independent living students’ sewing kit pick up will ONLY be Two days in May: Monday, May 10th, 9:00-10:00 AM and Tuesday, May 11th, 2:15-4:15 PM. Classes will begin sewing projects and using kits in June. ~ Mrs. Preston, FACS Lead
Below are a few reminders:
- Click here to see our Daily Bell Schedule.
- All students are required to complete the HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students. Please fill out both pages. Page 2 is for you to keep at home, page 1 should be turned into the office prior to the student’s arrival.
- Testing is on the horizon. Our Testing Coordinator and teachers are preparing for End-of -Course Assessments including SOLs. We need your assistance in planning for our student scholars. If you have not provided your child’s intent to take the SOLs, please contact the school. You can call the school and speak with our testing coordinator, Mrs. Woodle.
- Use this link to access all Health Forms Questions for the Nurse? Click Here!
Nurse Contact info:
804-226-8730 *press 2 for clinic
Fax number 804-236-5764 attn school nurse
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We will continue to celebrate students for positive behaviors as we continue our campus-wide expectations. Our JRMS Team will…*be Respectful *be Responsible *Ready and *be Safe. We are excited to recognize our students for exhibiting the positives!
- Student Scholars…
- You Matter! You are the only “you” created! Be the best “you” possible!
- Never stop dreaming! Your dream is the beginning of you moving forward. Put your energy in your dream and plan to make that dream become reality. Your dreams are special because they come from your heart and express who you are. Never stop dreaming!
- The Choice is yours! Make it a great day! We are “Rolfe Strong!”
- Student Scholars…
I invite you to visit our website for important notices and updates. Navigate through our links to student resources, teachers’ blogs and webpages, as well as additional details and notices of upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if I can be of assistance. I consider it a privilege to have your child at John Rolfe.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember tomorrow, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
We are Rolfe Strong!
The harder they pull us back, the further we rise!
Next week and Beyond:
- Schedule Reminders (Please mark your calendars)
- Asynchronous Wellness Wednesdays – Students should report to Advisory and schedule time with teachers during office hours.
- May 13th – Student Holiday
- May 31st – Memorial Day Holiday
- June 8th – Is a Primary Day for Voting in Virginian. John Rolfe is a voting precinct and therefore no in-person classes on Tuesday, June 8th.
Resilience Week 2021! – Henrico County Public Schools (HCPS) is joining the Virginia Trauma-Informed Community Networks (TICNs) to celebrate the 2nd Annual Resilience Week Virginia from May2-8, 2021. At a time when building students’ resilience is more important than ever, our communities will celebrate by focusing on seven themes: Connection; Gratitude and Kindness; Grief and Loss; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Happiness and Play; COVID-19 Pandemic; and Mind, Body, and Spirit. The Greater Richmond Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) provides details on the Resilience Week VA 2021 website.