Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud Principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and notices for the week. I hope this message finds you well with your family safe and sound. It was wonderful to see so many families attend our Rolfe Rising Orientation for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Parents thank you for your question and input. We will continue to navigate through the process together adjusting as necessary to keep our JRMS Family Safe. With about 10 days remaining before the start of the new school year, there are several pieces of information below. Also, anticipate additional information to follow later this week. As teachers are preparing to transition back, below are some things to help our students transition back to school as well.
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms. Click here for a copy of the form: HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students.
Parents and Guardians:
- Mask Up!-We are following CDC guidelines. All students, staff, and visitors must wear masks and follow HCPS screening protocols.
- Immunization Requirements- Please ensure your child’s immunization records are current. All 7th graders must have the proper records regarding immunization on file prior to the first day of school.
- Aug. 31st – JRMS Open House. This is a chance for families and teachers to connect, walk the building, pay student fees, return laptops for repair and updates, return any registration documentation, and meet with JRMS administration and support staff, as well as ask any specific questions before the start of school. Prior to August 31st, please visit the Henrico County Schools website for information on our return to in-person learning HCPS Back to School 21-22. Remember Back to School forms are available online.
- Enrollment/In-Person Registration- Please contact the school to schedule a time for your enrollment appointment with our school registrar. We are following CDC guidelines and masks are required.
- SAVE the Date! Back -to- School- Tuesday, September 21st. This will be a time for you to meet teachers, discuss classroom and school-wide expectations, and get a sense of what the daily life of our student scholars looks like.
- Human Resource Flier: If you are looking for a different career path or are aware of someone who would be a great addition to the HCPS Team, please pass on this information. https://henricoschools.us/careers/
- Laptop & Charger Collection- We will continue our laptop collection efforts. Parents, please secure and return your child’s laptop to school for important updates and repairs. To ensure students have the tools needed for class, units must be updated for proper use. Units may be dropped off in the main office during office hours. Distribution will occur following important laptop updates, proper maintenance, and repairs.
- Registration and Enrollments: Remember the office is open for appointments only. Please contact the school to schedule an appointment.
- Immunizations and Health History Forms: – Parents we need your help! Please ensure your child’s immunization records are current. There are several forms that are required prior to returning to school. Please remember to fill out your child’s Health History Form and other HCPS Health Forms. All 7th graders must have the proper records regarding immunization on file prior to the first day of school.
- Highlights from Andy Jenks’ message:
- September 8th – First Day of School! Please review these important topics related to the first day of school on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
- Back to School forms are now available to be filled out! Access these through the PowerSchool Parent Portal by logging in and selecting “Access Online Forms.”
- Bus routes and student schedules will be available soon. We expect bus routes to appear in PowerSchool Parent Portal on Tuesday, Aug. 31 (after 9:30 a.m.). Middle and high school schedules will appear in PowerSchool on Friday, Sept. 3 (after 9:30 a.m.)
- Because school meals are free for all students this year, free/reduced meal applications are not required, but families may wish to complete an application to become eligible for other programs. You can apply for free and reduced-price meals using an online application available at https://www.nlappscloud.com/District.aspx.
- We strongly encourage families to use MySchoolBucks to pay for a la carte items sold in school cafeterias. Find out more about MySchoolBucks at https://henricoschools.us/nutrition-services/.
- Online School Payments. Elective classes at the middle and high school levels (such as Art, Music, Band, and Career and Technical Education courses) may still require a fee. Online School Payments allows families of middle- and high-schoolers to pay school fees electronically. If you need to set up a payment plan, please contact your school to schedule a meeting with an administrator.
We need you!!! It is time for next year’s planning. The PTA is actively seeking individuals to support our students, staff, and school. Email us at RolfePTAPres@gmail.com or contact me at 804.226.8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to share your ideas and interest.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember this year, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
~Good Night, stay healthy, and be safe!
Keep Rising to Greatness!
Next week and Beyond:
- Schedule Reminders (Please mark your calendars)
- Return Laptops and Chargers for important updates, repairs, and maintenance.
- August 31st – Open House
- Families may pay fees during this time or schedule an appointment to pay fees before classes begin.
- September 8th– First Day of School!
- September 16th – Student Holiday/Yom Kippur
- September 2021 National Hispanic Heritage Month (Sep 15-Oct 15)
- Suicide Prevention Month
- Sept. 6…………..Labor Day
- Sept. 6-8………..Rosh Hashanah (begins sunset September 6)
- Sept. 11…………Patriot Day
- Sept. 12…………National Grandparents Day