Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud Principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few reminders and notices for the week. I hope this message finds you well and well-rested. With less than 2 days remaining before the start of the new school year, I am highlighting a few important updates this evening. September 8th – is the First Day of School! Please review these important topics related to the first day of school on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
Parents and guardians: Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms. Click here for a copy of the form: HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students.
Parents and Guardians:
- Wednesday, September 8- First Day of School.
- Mask-Up!-We are following CDC guidelines. All students, staff, and visitors must wear masks and follow HCPS screening protocols. Please take a moment to review the JRMS COVID Reference Guide. This is a working document and details are subject to change as our health climate changes.
- Immunization Requirements- Please ensure your child’s immunization records are current. All 7th graders must have the proper records regarding immunization on file prior to the first day of school. All Seventh Grade (7th Grade) students must have Meningococcal and Tdap Immunization on record prior to attending school. Please contact our school nurse if you have any questions.
- Enrollment/In-Person Registration- Please contact the school to schedule a time for your enrollment appointment with our school registrar. We are following CDC guidelines and masks are required.
- Human Resource Flier: If you are looking for a different career path or are aware of someone who would be a great addition to the HCPS Team, please pass on this information. https://henricoschools.us/careers/
- Laptop & Charger Collection- We will continue our laptop collection efforts. Parents, please secure and return your child’s laptop to school for important updates and repairs. To ensure students have the tools needed for class, units must be updated for proper use. Units may be dropped off in the main office during office hours. Distribution will occur following important laptop updates, proper maintenance, and repairs.
- Back to School forms are now available to be filled out! Access these through the PowerSchool Parent Portal by logging in and selecting “Access Online Forms.”
- Bus routes and student schedules. Click the following link for access. PowerSchool Parent Portal
- School meals are free for all students this year. However additional a la carte items must be purchased.
- We strongly encourage families to use MySchoolBucks to pay for a la carte items sold in school cafeterias. Find out more about MySchoolBucks at https://henricoschools.us/nutrition-services/.
- Online School Payments. Elective classes at the middle and high school levels (such as Art, Music, Band, and Career and Technical Education courses) may still require a fee. Online School Payments allows families of middle- and high-schoolers to pay school fees electronically. If you need to set up a payment plan, please contact your school to schedule a meeting with an administrator.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember this year, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
Keep Rising to Greatness!
This week and beyond:
- September 8th– First Day of School!
Stay tuned for additional notices throughout the week!