Greetings Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School. I hope this message finds your family safe and well! We made it through our first week of return to in-person learning and could not have done it without you. Parents, thank you for being great partners in our students and your child’s success for the upcoming year. Below are a few reminders and notices for the week.
Parents and guardians: We know there is a large volume of information, so start here.
Return to Learn Health forms/COVID Screening forms are due prior to any student returning to the building. You may complete it online or contact the school for a copy of the forms. Click here for a copy of the form: HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students. Page 1 is completed and returned to school. Page 2 is completed each day and kept at home.
Parents and Guardians:
- Monday, September 13th – is a Day 2.
- Attached is a link to the 2021-2022 JRMS Bell Schedule.
- HCPS Day1/Day 2 School Calendar: Day1/Day 2 Calendar. This will be helpful for you and students throughout the year.
- As a team and family, our focus is to develop life-ready thinkers. We believe honoring our legacy provides a future of success. We are looking for student leaders. Fall Sports have begun and several student scholars are participating in the tryout process. As you make the team, remember you are a student-athlete, thus your academics take priority as you lead in that role. We celebrate those who have accepted this challenge to lead!
- Thank you for assisting us with keeping our children safe. Below are a few items with which you can assist us to ensure school/campus safety. Safety Reminders:
- Mask-Up! –We are following CDC guidelines. All students, staff, and visitors must wear masks and follow HCPS screening protocols. All Students and Staff are expected to wear the appropriate face covering at all times. Mask must be worn covering the tip of the nose to the individual’s chin. Parents, please practice this expectation with your child to ensure full coverage and safety.
- Arrival & Early Dismissal. Please do not drop off students until 8:05 a.m. and remember a valid ID must be presented each time a student is picked up from JRMS. Please coordinate early dismissal outside of the school dismissal window. We will refrain from calls/announcements just prior to the end of the day (3:00 pm – p.m. dismissal) to avoid interrupting instructional time. Early dismissal pickups are before 3 pm. Due to safety concerns, students are not to be removed from loaded buses.
- HCPS-COVID-19-Health-Screening-Acknowledgement-for-Students – parents must screen students daily prior to coming to school (see page 2). To ensure the safety of all, students and staff who are exhibiting symptoms must stay home or be picked up.
- Parking Lot – The parking lot has one direction for the flow of traffic…One Way Notice. To ensure student safety please adhere to the parking procedures and signage in the parking lot. The official morning drop-off is the car-rider loop.
- Please take a moment to review the JRMS COVID Reference Guide. This is a working document and details are subject to change as our health climate changes.
- Code of Student Conduct – Parents please click on the link, review, sign, and return the completed signature page of the Student Code of Conduct. The Code of Student Conduct includes overall Schoolwide Expectations, Student Rights/Responsibilities, Student Disciplinary Responses, and Interventions. Highlights include:
- Technology and Internet Policy
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Dress Code Reminders
- Cellular Phone Guidance
- A signed Code of Student Conduct is required prior to students receiving their laptops. Parents may complete a paper copy from their child’s teacher or download the digital copy below, sign it, and return it.
- Dress Code Reminders: Students may not wear the following items unless otherwise stated:
- Hoods (on heads), hats, or face masks (that covers more than the mouth and nose) inside school buildings, during regular school hours, unless required for religious or medical reasons. This is the first time in 3 years are student scholars are permitted to wear hoods in the building. We are trusting them with being responsible and safe with this expectation.
- Sunglasses (worn indoors), unless prescribed by a physician.
- Clothing must reach the tip of the thumb when hands are placed at the sides (arms straight with palms flat).
- Messages on clothing, chains, jewelry, and personal belongings that pertain to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, gangs, vulgarity, or messages that negatively represent a religion, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, transgender status, or people, or that could cause a substantial disruption to the learning environment.
- Spiked jewelry, chains, and items which could cause student injury.
- Beachwear (which includes bathing suits and trunks) and sleepwear.
- Clothing that reveals undergarments.
- Cut-off jeans, cut-off sweatpants, or torn, ripped or slashed clothing that reveals undergarments or body parts excluded by other parts of this code.
- Clothing that is see-through, revealing the midriff (while sitting or standing), or resembles undergarments.
- Bedroom slippers (or look-a-likes), athletic slides, or shoes with wheels, also known as “Heelys.”
The administrative team in each school shall have discretion regarding code decisions. Parents of students who violate the dress code may be contacted to provide appropriate clothing for their child(ren), if necessary.
- Arrival Reminders:
- Students choosing to eat breakfast must report directly to the cafeteria for “grab-n-go” breakfast, while those opting not to eat at school will report to classrooms.
- Students who are eating breakfast should enter the building through “D” Hall!
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember this year, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
Keep Rising to Greatness!
This week and beyond:
- Sept. 16th– Student Holiday
- Sept. 21st – Back to School Night 6-7:45 pm)
- Immunization Requirements- Please ensure your child’s immunization records are current. All 7th graders must have the proper records regarding immunization on file prior to the first day of school. All Seventh Grade (7th Grade) students must have Meningococcal and Tdap Immunization on record prior to attending school. Please contact our school nurse if you have any questions.
- Enrollment/In-Person Registration- Is by appointment only
- Bus routes and student schedules. Click the following link for access. PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Click this link for Online School Payments..
Stay tuned for additional notices throughout the week!