Greetings John Rolfe Family,
This is Mrs. George, proud principal of John Rolfe Middle School, with a few notices for the week.
Parents and Guardians:
- June 13th – is a “Day 1”. review the Day1/Day2 Calendar
- Students will report directly to their Advisory Class.
- Laptop Collections – We will collect laptops this week. Please ensure your child brings his/her laptop and charger to school for collections to avoid any financial chargers.
- English Performance Tasks – Parents, we need your help to ensure all students have completed their English Performance Tasks. Ask and remind your child about the 4th Quarter Performance Task (in English and Reading classes). Those students finalizing their performance tasks will have access to their computers during the school day.
- Semester Expectation Assemblies and EOY Events. While staff members are planning specific events for the remainder of the semester and end of the year for students, to participate in any event students must follow these expectations:
- Strategies – Implement academic strategies and ask for assistance if needed
- Effort-Demonstrate effort and work ethic
- Attitude– Exhibit a positive attitude
- End of Year (EOY) Grade Level events– For information on specific grade-level events and criteria to participate please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or the following:
- SPIRIT WEEK 2022
- Click on the link for details: JRMS Spirit Week 2022
- Monday: Wear your favorite Tie-Dye shirt, pants, socks, etc. (Bragging rights if you tie-dye your own clothing!)
- Tuesday: 90s Day- Wear clothing that represents (arguably) the BEST decade to ever decade.
- Wednesday: Future So Bright you need to have on shades! Wear your favorite pair of sunglasses for Field Day!
- Thursday: Let’s get Wacky-Tacky for our last day together! Wear your WILDEST, CRAZIEST outfit! The most Wacky-Tacky student will win a prize!!!
- Click on the link for details: JRMS Spirit Week 2022
- Summer Academy 2022 reminder. HCPS Summer Academy is a unique program that gives elementary, middle, and high school students important opportunities for enrichment, credit recovery and remediation. Click on the following link for more information: Summer Academy 2022
- John Rolfe Middle Mascot Selection: JOHN ROLFE MIDDLE MASCOT SELECTION
- Students had the chance to give suggestions for the school’s new mascot. We are now asking our community to be part of the final selection process. Please click on or copy and paste the following link to add your input: https://forms.office.com/r/FCZ5rhWFyL
- The survey will remain open until Monday, June 13, 2022, at 4 pm.
- Code of Student Conduct – Parents please click on the link to review it. The Code of Student Conduct includes overall Schoolwide Expectations, Student Rights/Responsibilities, Student Disciplinary Responses, and Interventions.
- Dress Code reminders: As the weather is changing, we are noting an increase in dress code violations. Parents to avoid you being inconvenienced for a change of clothing, please remind students to follow the school dress code.
The administrative team in each school shall have discretion regarding code decisions. Parents of students who violate the dress code may be contacted to provide appropriate clothing for their child(ren), if necessary.
A message from our Innovation and Learning Coach: The 2021-2022 school year gave Rolfe students various opportunities to learn inside and outside the classroom. In the Rolfe, Student Showcase see the learning, exploration, and creations of our students. While some of the featured activities were completed during a special month, many of these educational opportunities can be attempted #Anytime#Anywhere. See if there is something you may want to learn more about. Explore the Rolfe Student Showcase at https://sites.google.com/henrico.k12.va.us/rolfe-student-showcase/ Click on the 2021-2022 button. This is also permanently featured on the Rolfe website. You can find this year-round on the “Student Showcases” link located under “School Links” at the top of the page. Congratulations to all featured students! ~ Mrs. Boyd
A reminder from the Clinic. Please plan to pick up your child’s medication from the clinic as stated in the letters received in the mail. Please follow the date and time on your student’s pick-up letter. Any medication left at school will be disposed of at Noon on 06/16/2022. Henrico County Public School policy requires that medication not be sent home with your child. Have a wonderful summer! ~ Your School Nursing and Clinic Team
A message from School Counseling. Student Information Update Reminders. JRMS families, please see the link below for updates from our school counseling department regarding important academic information. https://tinyurl.com/JRMScounselingupdates ~Ms. Lee, Mrs. Hoover, and Mrs. Clemmons.
Safety Reminders: Parents, together we shape responsible and accountable student scholars and leaders. Below are a few items with which you can assist us to ensure school/campus safety.
- Masks! – HCPS highly recommends students wear masks although they are not required. Parents, we appreciate your support and attention to this area of safety.
- This week we had 2 positive COVID-19 cases reported to us.
- School Safety Drills– We will continue our safety drills throughout the year. Some safety drills are announced but many are unannounced.
John Rolfe Middle School will continue our pursuit of educational excellence and rise to our full potential for success. Students please have a restful evening and remember this year, “We” continue our quest for success as one team, one voice, and one family.
Keep Rising to Greatness!
This week and beyond:
- Click this link: Updated HCPS 2021-2022 School Calendar
- Clinic Rx – Make arrangements to pick up medicine from the clinic. The clinic will discard the remaining medications at noon, on June 16th.
- A message from Student Health Services and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH): In 2021, new well-childhood immunizations were added by the State of Virginia to the required immunizations for school-age children. A complete list of required vaccinations is available on the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) website, www.vdh.virginia.gov. As a reminder, the following vaccinations are now required and failure to provide proof of vaccination prior to the first day of school will result in the exclusion from school until proof of immunization is received by the school/clinic:
- Meningococcal (meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY): At least two doses are required. One before starting 7th grade and another before starting 12th grade.
- TDaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis): This booster is required for rising 7th graders.
Please have the vaccinations completed and a copy to the
school Nurse by July 28, 2022.
The Virginia Department of Health, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) strongly recommend the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination. The HPV vaccine requires two doses; however, as the diseases covered by this vaccine are not communicable at school, the State does not exclude students from school if this immunization is missing.
- June 16th – Last Day of School (Half Day dismissal)
- School Nutrition Service Changes for next year. Starting in the 2022-2023 school year, all students are required to utilize existing serving lines during breakfast and lunch without exception. Students must enter their unique lunch code at the register and have cash or money on their MySchoolBucks account to purchase meals and a la carte items. Due to ongoing staffing shortages, SNS will not serve meals at remote locations or via classroom delivery methods.
- Families are encouraged to apply for meal benefits online or via paper application after July 1, 2022, and prior to the first day of school.
- Questions should be directed to Dana Whitney at email@example.com or (804) 226-5555.